0439 522 345
Here at Elvi Design, we like to embrace the trends for the coming year but we also like to work with the Bride’s personality, style of wedding, venue and the time of the year when designing her bespoke wedding gown. These are the top 10 wedding dress styles that will dominate 2014 bridal fashion.
1) Embellishment – think metallic shades, sequins and heavy beading.
2) Pink – from Vera Wang to Valentino, all shades of pink are hot to go at the moment! With celebrities such as Kaley Cuoco and Jessica Beil donning pink, it’s too hard to resist the prettiness.
3) Lace Sleeves – whilst lace has been popular for awhile now, it is here to stay and now designers are making elegant long lace sleeves a staple of their collections. Note that the most recent lace sleeves seen on the catwalk have been deconstructed and more relaxed than the traditional ‘Kate Middleton’ look.
4) Shorter Hemlines – we’ve always been a fan of the shorter hemline, it’s more practical in the Australian Summer and especially for those backyard weddings… It seems that New York agrees.
5) Off the Shoulder – I’m loving the look of a scoop neck that is slightly off the shoulder. So elegant but at the same time, understated.
6) Detachable Train – there is a big move towards less formal receptions which is seeing many brides want something dramatic for their ceremony but then the opportunity to create a more relaxed look for their reception. This is where a ‘detachable train’ comes in very handy.
7) Detailed Backs – let’s face it, the guests are going to spend a lot of time looking at the back of your gown during your ceremony, you may as well make it worthwhile! Swoon worthy detail on the back of wedding dresses is all the rage at the moment, think enclosed lace backs, beading and embellishment.
8) Layering – accessorising with caplets and jackets were seen on the catwalk in New York. These accessories are perfect for Winter weddings and ooze old Hollywood glamour.
9) Halter Neck – we haven’t seen the halter neck for awhile. This halter neck style by Amsale is just perfect!
10) Gold – gold has been very popular on the styling side of weddings so why wouldn’t you add a touch of gold to your wedding gown?
2013, it’s a wrap! Thea’s Garden Wedding