When Steph visited our studio she was feeling completely overwhelmed by her wedding dress options. She had always wanted a tea length wedding dress but was struggling to find any at the ‘off-the-rack’ bridal shops in Perth. We had a chat and went through all of her options. Ultimately, she wanted a dress that she would feel comfortable in and that would be flattering.
Let me tell you, a tea length wedding dress is one of the most flattering designs a bride could ask for. Here are five reasons why-
- A tea length wedding dress will draw attention to the waist and bust, so you can hide hips and tummies (it also means you can eat and drink ALL day without worrying!) This works well for most body shapes – curvy, pear and even square (as it gives you a waist)
- The triangle shape of a tea length skirt (which can be accentuated by a petticoat or an overlay) will always make your waist look smaller – winning!!
- We have had brides from a size 8 to a size 22 wear a tea length design, the success of this style is not dependent on size (unlike a bias cut sheath dress… let’s not even go there…)
- I have even heard people say that brides that are petite or on the shorter side, shouldn’t wear a tea-length design. I hate to break it to you, these people are wrong! You just need the dress made to fit you, it’s all about proportion. And, a little pair of heels never hurt anyone! In fact, a pair of heels with a tea length wedding dress can make a dramatic difference, they can elongate your calves and who doesn’t want that! Later in the night switch to flats and no-one will even notice.
- A bride with a smile always looks amazing and you can guarantee a smile from the moment you pop on your tea length wedding dress until the end of the night when you are twirling around the dance floor (tea length wedding dresses are made for dancing)
When Steph picked up her tea length wedding dress, there was no other dress I could have imagined her in, it suited her personality and figure perfectly. She even had pockets in her dress so she was stoked! Nathan & Steph were married by the river in South Perth before heading to the Old Swan Brewery. I just love these photos of Steph twirling and that big grin she has in each photo.
Photos by Zoe Theiadore
Deva’s Custom Wedding Dress
Wedding Upmarket Styled Shoot as Featured on Nouba